BOTTOM: Membership Rules & Guidelines
MB is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MB may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/12/2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title, marital status, age
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our events, activities and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyses web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send email to: more@MarbellaBuddies.com Subject: Personal Information Data
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please send an email to us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
MEMBERSHIP Rules & Guidelines:
MARBELLA BUDDIES MEMBERSHIP (please read with a bit of humour…)
Terms and Conditions
Sorry, but we are very conditional…so here we go 😉
- Membership entitles members to certain primary benefits. Primary…not private!
- Benefits can change without notice. However, Marbella Buddies will always endeavour to notify members well in advance of any changes.
- Marbella Buddies may entitle you to other special offers from Marbella Buddies and/or our selected partners.
- We may change, enhance or reduce benefits at any time. We may also impose requirements or restrictions on the use of benefits. Current information is set out on Marbella Buddies. If you do not accept any amendments, you may terminate your membership by writing to Marbella Buddies. We think that this would be unnecessary and very mean to us…
- Benefits are strictly personal. Benefits do not apply to an entire booking made by 1 member, but only to the member him/herself. Partners/Spouse need to have their own membership.
How to Join & Membership
- Every person over 21 years can join as a member. We mean your passport age…
- To join Marbella Buddies, simply go to our website and Sign-Up online by paying your membership fee by debit or credit card.
- Marbella Buddies may refuse membership to any person and terminate membership at any time.
- Membership of Marbella Buddies commences after approval by the Marbella Buddies-Team, not when you apply. Marbella Buddies is there to promote social contact and interaction. And therefore specifically excludes any direct business contact and/or promotion of any business, especially persons/businesses focused on networking during or at our events.
- Marbella Buddies Membership is an on-going subscription which means that your membership is continuous and will be renewed automatically on the day following the last day of your membership year (a membership year is 3, 6 or 12 months from the date you paid your membership-fee). If you decide that you do not want to renew your 6 or 12 month membership you can cancel this easy by e-mail. Contact our Marbella Buddies-Team at more@MarbellaBuddies.com during your membership year but no later than 30 days prior to your renewal date. In order to be able to notify you in due course of any information relevant to your membership, you should update your details by emailing us well in advance (we think: email address and mobile are most important)
- You can reach the Marbella Buddies-Team 24/7 via email (more@MarbellaBuddies.com) we will do our absolute best to answer within 24 hours. …or PM us through our Facebook FAN Page.
Use of Your Personal Data
Termination of Membership Once membership is terminated or expires, you will not be entitled to Marbella Buddies benefits. You are still welcome to join our events as a guest!
- Marbella Buddies may terminate your membership at any time without written notice to you. Don´t worry YOU are too nice…it would never happen to you!
- These terms conditions are subject to Spanish law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Spanish Courts. And El Court Inglès…